If you’ve ever wanted to make extra money, driving with Uber is one of the easiest ways to do so.
The requirements to drive for Uber can be easily explained below.
UBER DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
DRIVER AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR UBER
- 21 Years of age is the legal provision
- 3 Years of driving experience needed. Driving history verification may be a must if you have moved from another state. All applicants keep your out-of-state drivers license. Uber headquarters may ask for it.
MORE IMPORTANT UBER DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
- Car insurance for your state must be current and in your name
- Have an in-state registered car for driving. The vehicle doesn’t have to be in your name.
- Your driver’s license must be in-state.
- Background checks are mandatory, so you must have a Social Security Number.
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATION
- Have a clean driving record for greatest results.
- You will need to pass the background check.
Background checks are done by a reputable 3rd party company. It be days or weeks depending on state volume.
PASSING THE BACKGROUND CHECK: YOUR PAST 7 YEARS, THIS IS WHAT YOU CANNOT HAVE ON YOUR RECORD!
- ABSOLUTELY NO accidents with a fatality
- ABSOLUTELY NO reckless driving
- ABSOLUTELY NO criminal history reports
- ABSOLUTELY NO DUI or drug related offenses
- ABSOLUTELY NO no insurance charges
- ABSOLUTELY NO driving with suspended license charges
UBER CAR REQUIREMENTS
To drive for Uber you will have to have a specific vehicle that meets Uber car requirements.
UBERX VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS:
- A sedan with 4 doors. Has to seat up to 4 passengers (4 SEATBELTS), not including the driver.
- 2008 operational vehicle or newer. (Uber’s car year needs vary by city)
- Vehicle plates registered in-state.
- Car must qualify in an Uber vehicle inspection.
- Marked taxi, or salvaged vehicles are not permitted.
- The car’s registration will have to be current.
HOW TO BECOME AN UBER DRIVER
- EARN $550, GUARANTEED*
Christian invited you to drive with Uber. Sign up today and earn $550 guaranteed for your first 75 trips. Earn less and Uber will pay you the difference. Trips must be completed within 90 days of sign up. Terms apply.
2. Follow the steps as Uber instructs. Pay close attention to the questions they ask you.
3. You will have to get your car inspected. Where to go and cost will vary from city to city.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T MEET UBER DRIVER REQUIREMENTS?
Every driver is not accepted. Here are some reasons Uber may not approve you.
YOU ARE UNDER THE REQUIRED AGE OF 21.
Uber requires all their drivers to be 21 years old. 47 states recognize adults at the age of 18. Seems Uber has more reasoning behind their age rule.
YOU ARE MISSING A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, OR NOT A LGEAL U.S. WORKING RESIDENT
If you are an immigrant, I suggest consultation with an immigration lawyer. Your visa document may prohibit you from working in the U.S., but Uber may allow you to sign up with an SSN # you have. This could violate the terms of your issued visa, and is not recommended.
YOU DID NOT PASS THE BACKGROUND CHECK
If Uber declines your application due to a failed background check, request it yourself. It’s important to see what is hindering you from making money as an Uber driver. If what’s listed is correct it will take about 7 years to drop off your record.
YOUR CAR DOESN’T QUALIFY FOR UBER
If your vehicle doesn’t meet the guidelines for driving with uber, simply upgrade. You don’t have to buy a new car, used is just fine. Uber even has a leasing program for drivers to get started. The payment for your used or leased vehicle will be offset by the money you earn with Uber weekly.
YOU LACK ALL THE IN-STATE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
To drive for Uber the following in-state documents are mandatory:
- Car registration
- Car insurance
If you need to secure auto insurance the following companies issue free quotes online.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- 21st Century Insurance
Simply follow the information above and fill out the Uber driving application. This is the best way to see if you meet the Uber driver requirements. It only takes minutes to complete. If you sign up with my personal referral link.